Pages

Saturday 21 March 2020

Versailles Necklace




We are living in very strange times now. Watching the news feels like watching a movie. Surely this can't really be happening.  It is a very anxious time for everyone. Worry about being separated from all but the closest family and anxiety about not being able to carry on with normal life. My parents live 200 miles away. Too far for me to be able pop round and drop off anything they need. So the most I can do for them is to organise online deliveries and talk on the phone. Fortunately they are fit, healthy and have each other for company. They have a big supermarket in easy walking distance  and should be able to buy their basics now that the supermarkets are prioritising vulnerable groups early in the day.

I have often joked about wanting to hide in my cave so that I can spend more time on my hobbies and now it looks like this has come to pass. I still have work to do but losing the daily commute and quieter weekends will result in more free time. So I thought it was about time I shared my 18 month  backlog of completed projects!

The Versailles necklace was a  workshop with Sabine Lippert at Stitch 'n' Craft back in September 2018. Sabine's designs bring together a variety of bead shapes and colours resulting in opulent designs. I have made Sabine's Granada design several times already and enjoyed the construction technique. The workshop was excellent and the pattern instructions were very clear. There was lots of useful information from Sabine during the class and because we were a small group, it was a relaxing day. 

My colour choices were a simple silver and blue combination because I thought this would a be useful necklace to wear with an evening dress. I have worn the completed necklace with a plain t-shirt a couple of times but I am still waiting for an evening outing. Looks like I'll be waiting a while.


1 comment:

tpotty28 said...

Must be time to dress up for dinner and create your own evening wear occasion. Something to make beans on toast a bit more special! The colours in your new necklace are very you and I can imagine it will look stunning with a t-shirt. Great statement piece.

Looking forward to your project backlog, always so interesting, varied and beautifully executed.