Pages

Saturday 8 February 2020

Bouquet de Lavande Necklace



I saw the Bouquet de Lavande necklace kit at a Laura McCabe workshop in 2016. Even though I managed to restrain myself from buying it, I kept think it would suit Mum. So I finally bought it when I saw it again at the workshop with Laura one year later. 

The design includes my favourite beadwork techniques, bezelled rivolis and rhythmic tubular herringbone. As usual a found a way to make the finished item unique to me. This could also be described as reading the pattern wrong and doing my own thing! In this case one of the tubular herringbone straps should have been a different shade of green but I think I got away with it.



Laura warned us that the bar in the clasp could become weak so we should insert something in the peyote tube to strengthen it. I found that the filament used by 3D printers was the the perfect thickness. 

 Laura's instructions are very comprehensive and her kits are beautifully presented. I still have the 2 workshop designs to finish but it's only because of lack of time. I hope to get at least one of the them finished this year. I suspect I finished Bouquet de Lavande because I had an intended recipient . I don't seem to be quite so focused when it is something for me. I am happy to say Mum was very pleased with the necklace and had not trouble finding the perfect outfit to wear with it. 



1 comment:

tpotty28 said...

Your mum looks fabulous in her new necklace. Another stunning piece of beadwork. Hope you get to finish something for yourself as they really are wonderful to wear and get lots of comments!