Thursday, 23 June 2011

Eyeglass Case

This time it's my Japanese Bead Embroidery Phase I piece

I started it in September 2009 and added the last bead in January this year. It's waiting to be made into an eyeglass case, so technically it's not finished yet. I was waiting for warmer weather to finish it because the back needs to be sprayed with water and then left to dry. My next excuse was that I didn't like the maroon felt that came with kit and is intended to be used as the lining. That excuse has failed now because I've found some faux suede that is the right colour. Better get on and finish it!

Monday, 20 June 2011

Liquorice Diamonds

So only 3 months between posts. - it's getting better. This time it's a quilt that I challenged myself to finish in time for Quilts 'n' Roses at Squire Garden Centre in Badshot Lea.

The quilt was started at the Quilter's Guild regional workshop in March. The tutor was Jan Hassard and the workshop was called Dazzling Diamonds. I've called it Liquorice Diamonds because sewing the coloured strips next to the black reminded me of Liquorice Allsorts.