Pages

Saturday 27 June 2020

Sweet Molly's Heart Ring Cushion


Sweet Molly's Heart is was Mountmellick workshop with Nicola Jarvis at Embroidery Now in Winchester in summer 2018. I didn't know anything about Mountmellick work before the workshop apart the fact that it is a whitework technique. As always Nicola had lots of background information for the technique and was a great teacher.

We were taught the traditional stitches in the class but  were given scope to make the design our own, including embellishments with beads and crystals. Nicola mentioned that she had seen a finished version of the design with a lattice, although that is not a typical Mountmellick technique. I liked the idea of filling in  the heart, so I gave it a go.

Finishing off the cushion gave me an opportunity to practise beaded fringes. It took several attempts to get the spacing right but in the end I was pleased with the result.




1 comment:

tpotty28 said...

Another fabulous finished piece - superb design for a stitch sampler and the lattice in-fill is a great choice as it really balances the design. The beaded fringe is another inspired addition. Still very jealous you got to do a class with Nicola but I'm comforting myself with the thought I don't need another UFO!!