Pages

Sunday 12 April 2020

Ruby Dahlia Satin Box



Two years ago, my friend Hazel asked me to help her try some bead embroidery for the first time. She wanted make a satin box for her mother's 80th birthday and had a month to complete it. I decided the easiest approach would be to use the Magenta Star design from Margaret Lee's bead embroidery book and to work through the design myself  at the same time. 

I already had a navy blue satin box and some matching  cotton fabric. It was an easy choice to pick out ruby tri-cut and seed beads. Hazel chose to use anemone colours for her flower. They worked really well and she finished the box in good time for her mother's birthday. On the other hand, I  put the project to one side and only finished it 1 year later. Although I can tell it was early in the year because of the snow on the ground.

2 comments:

tpotty28 said...

Love this design - simple but very effective. Great way to decorate these satin boxes and make them into something special.

D1-D2 said...

I always loved these flowers. Yours looks so pretty finished in a box.