Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

 

I've been following the "Modern Piping" course on Craftsy and wanted an opportunity to practice piping royal icing. I needed an intricate line design, so a quilting pattern seemed a good idea and with Valentine's day just around the corner, it had to be a feathered heart. I found the design on the Quilt Rat blog.  The icing mix was  a little thick and like free motion quilting, it's going to take some pratice to improve. The family didn't complain though - I finished icing the cake on Sunday amd the last piece disappeared yesterday!

2 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

Hey....how cool is this? LOVE the way you used the design......something tells me this is even trickier than thread. :-)

Unknown said...

Well - if you had let us have larger pieces of the cake it would have been eaten even faster. More please !!