Pages

Sunday 19 April 2020

Oval Poppy Brooch


Steph, my sewing partner-in-crime, is a prolific dressmaker and blogs about the her wardrobe themes, which gives me great clues for colour choices when I make a birthday present for her. Last year her them was black, white and red.

Hazel Blomkamp's flower brooch design in Inspirations magazine issue 101 had caught my eye and I thought it might work for a poppy brooch. I simplified the design which gave a more formal effect than the original and I was quite pleased with the result. Best of all, apart from the brooch back, all the materials came from my stash.




1 comment:

tpotty28 said...

Fabulous brooch gets an outing every time I wear my black and white coat. It is often admired and I am sure will be again if we are ever allowed to leave home. It is really clever the way it is mounted on the brooch so clean, unfussy and tactile. No sloppy beads in this creation! I am so lucky to receive such beautiful creations as a present.